The Slow Carb Diet plan is a low-glycemic approach to eating.
Whenever we start discussing fitness most of us come across the different type of health programs. Be it muscle building or shredding that extra mass. And all of these queries end on one note.
Which Diet Plan should I follow?
For people like me who enjoy a lot of high-calorie diets, it’s quite tricky to change very quickly from high carb diet to low carb diet or even slow carb diet.
You may be wondering:
What is the Slow Carb Diet?
Slow carb diet was a system developed by Tim Ferriss who claimed to have reduced his weight by 25 pounds within two months.
Slow carb diet makes you feel full, consequently, you will eat way too much by lowering insulin fluctuations.
Unlike a lot of other diets, this particular one doesn’t have an extensive backstory.
Essentially, Tim Ferriss is a renowned ‘life hacker’, due to his procedure of individual experimentation for many years.
Most of the people who followed this diet plan have had success as well.
However, your success will depend on your understanding and devotion to this diet program.
Before knowing the complete content of any diet program don´t make any decisions.
Make sure you take the suggestion from your family doctor or your gym instructor before taking any hardcore diet regime.
According to research, this diet plan depends on establishing a couple of essential habits:
Slow-carb diet plan (no processed carbohydrates or dairy), taking cold showers, eating 30 grams of protein within thirty minutes of awakening, working out, and measuring your weight, body fat and overall inches.
Habits correlated strongly with weight loss: eating a lot of eggs and consuming veggies.
Habits correlated with failure: heavy alcohol consumption and quitting on cold showers.
Is this diet healthy for me?
It’s undoubtedly a healthy diet to start with as it is being termed as slow. You should, however, keep in mind that there are a lot of restrictions on eating when you want to follow such rigorous diet routine.
On the Slow Carbohydrate Diet plan, you’ll quickly burn fat by preventing foods that promote fat storage.
At any time during this program, if you feel uneasy or weak beyond your limit, you should immediately stop following it.
Few more factors…
- The simplicity of this diet regimen is improved by the minimal reliable dosage (MEDICATION) concept. This principle is specified as “the tiniest dosage that will certainly generate the wanted result.”
- Metabolic process hacking methods like eating in the morning after you wake up and then consuming cheat foods a week will assist you to lose excess fat.
- Throughout the diet regimen days, you need to restrict on your own to 4 dishes daily and also prevent consuming polished carbohydrates, fruits or high-calorie beverages.
- The strategy recommends taking nutritional supplements to assist boost the weight-loss procedure. Nevertheless, this is not compulsory.
7 Slow Carb Diet Rules
To get good results, one has to be follow the rules in a way to get maximum results with no or little efforts.
As a result, this diet plan concentrates on adhering to a handful of standards that guarantee to aid the body to optimize its capability to melt fat as well as drop weight.
Rule 1: No Carbohydrates
All processed carbohydrates like bread
Way too carb portions will not help you in weight reduction.
Therefore, It is necessary for a person following slow carb diet to reduce intake of such foods.
Most of the foods that you consume include carbohydrates, and these should be cut off from your diet immediately.
Food which you should restrict during this diet is
- Dairy products– milk, yogurt
- Grains– breads, biscuits, rice, grain, pasta
- Veggies that are taken into consideration starchy– corn and potatoes
- The remainder of the veggie family members
- Fruit, consisting of fruit juices
- Desserts and also various other deals with– picked in restricted quantities
Rule 2 : No Alcoholic Drinks
The research study has shown that even percentages of alcohol will boost muscular endurance and the output of strength, although these kinds of advantages are extremely brief lived.
All of the unfavorable adverse effects related to alcohol will help quickly
surpass any possible advantages that it can have.
No matter how you take a look at it, alcohol is a toxin,
that can indeed hurt your body if you aren’t mindful.
Slow Carbohydrate Diet is highly effective if you can pull off the alcohol completely from your routine.
Rule 3: No Fruits
Even though fruits are good for the overall health of the body, if you are opting for slow carb diet intake of nuts is forbidden.
Lots of fruits are high in carb, particularly fructose, which is not slow and have an impact on your metabolic process.
Rule 4: Repeating
same meal over and over again.
We have the same diet almost every day.
With this diet, you have to make certain variations, especially during breakfast and dinner.
Choose food from no-glycemic diet chart which you see soon.
Rule 5: Exercise
The primary purpose of this diet program is to reduce weight.
Therefore,If you combine regular exercise along with the suggested meal plan, you will soon see drastic changes in your body.
For the majority of people, reducing weight is the factor that they start their workout program, and weight-loss can assist you to prevent a lot of diseases too.
The workout will burn calories, and when your calorie intake is less, then you will reduce weight.
Rule 6: Take a day off
After dedicated weekdays, you can take a day off from the rigid diet plan as well as exercise.
Most importantly, take rest and don´t make too many variations in diet even if you want to dine out for the special occasion with your family.
Rule 7: Track the progress
If you do not track your progress, you are losing your time
Yes, its spot on!
Most of us do not track our diet plans, do not determine our calories.
To get stealth results from your efforts
- Identify the number of calories a day you require based upon your circumstance
- Track your everyday food consumption
It will help you gain more confidence as you move ahead.
Glycemic Index And The Slow Carb Diet
The Glycemic Index (GI) is a method of ranking carb foods according to how swiftly the carbs are neutralized right into sugar and how fast it can dissolve into the blood.
Take a look at the Glycemic index chart at the top.
With Food as a reference, its divided from low glycemic index food to high glycemic index food.
Besides, once you start Slow Carb Diet, you should always select the food with the glycemic index value of 0-30 with rarely taking intake from 30-50.
Everything above that glycemic value is forbidden.
Slow Carb Diet Food List
While following all the above tips you must make a habit of having following food in your daily meals.
Vegetarian Slow Carb diet food
- Garlic, Onion, Green pepper
- Eggplant, Broccoli,Cabbage,Tomatoes
- Spinach, Cauliflower
- Pinto beans, Red beans and Soy beans
Non Vegetarian Slow Carb Diet Food
- Chicken breast, Chicken thighs
- Grass Fed Beef
- Halibut,Salmon and Tilapia
Slow Carb Diet Recipes
One of the known advantages of the slow-carb diet is it’s flexible. Most recipes out there that are either totally slow-carb friendly or can be altered to work.
I have listed below the most quick and easy to prepare slow carb diet recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Just go through these and choose them over your daily meal plan.
Once you know how to prepare this ,its easy for everyday routine.
1. Slow Carb Diet Breakfast
Tim Ferris’ 3 minute breakfast recipe is pretty good, however I can hardly swallow eggs from the microwave. For me, eggs requires to be fresh and well prepared.
Moreover, digging the 3-minute breakfast is good, however here’s an alternative method of doing an egg breakfast that, in my viewpoint, tastes a lot much better and does not take much longer for morning breakfast.
Beef and scrambled eggs.
- Select beef ,onions and spinach as the base.
- Add red pepper to it and blend things up .You can also add mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, jalapeños, and so on. Garlic is an excellent addition.
- Most importantly, when you have made the base, you can keep it in the refrigerator for day-to-day usage with fresh eggs.
Lets move ahead with the final preparation.
- 1 lb lean beef or turkey
- A big onion , chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 table spoons seasoning blend (I would personally prefer combination of Italian herbs and fennel seeds)
- 1 spoon nut oil or your taste of oil.
- Salt and Pepper
The number of eggs will depend on the number of persons having breakfast. Usually, I suggest 2-3 eggs per person.
- Take a large frying pan and add 1 tbs of oil and chopped onions. Fry onions till light red.
- Its time to add mushrooms and other veggies,if you prefer to.
- Adding salt and paper to the vegetables which are already being cooked will make sure your breakfast has good taste.
- Remove the cooked vegetables in another plate.Its time to cook meat.
- Cook meat till its brown and later add all the vegetables which you cooked earlier. Remove any excess oil during the process.
- Take the breakfast in the plate and store the remaining for later days.
This completes the preparation for the base which you can use every day with fresh scrambled eggs.
2. Slow Carb Diet Lunch
There are a good number of slow carb diet lunch recipes you can find on the internet. My favourite one is roasted cauliflower with garlic, onion, and oregano.
Roasted Cauliflower with blend of vegetables
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 cloves of peeled galric
- 2 tbs oil (Olive oil is good)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 tbs of fresh or dried oregano
You can use either oven or frying pan for this recipe.
If you are using oven
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflowers into steaks following from center.
- Cut onion into stripes.
- Sprinkle garlic cloves and onion stripes onto cauliflower along with olive oil.
- Use spatula and stir the blend for 15 minutes.Keep repeating till you see roasted brownish cauliflower.
If you are using
- Use less oil and fry onions till those are reddish.
- Add cauliflower and garlic in the proceedings.
- Stir till cauliflower is brownish.
Enjoy your Lunch!
3. Slow Carb Diet Dinner
Again, there are many different recipes for slow carb dinner but I have listed the one I like the most.
Chicken Thighs With Spinach And White Beans
- 4 or 8 chicken thighs (depending on the number of people)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tbs rosemary and thyme
- 2 15 oz cooked white beans
- 1 10 oz chopped spinach
- salt and pepper
- In a big oven heat oil and butter on medium-high settings. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken thighs and place them in an oven. keep heating till you see the brownish appearance of the meat and then you can keep those in a plate aside.
- Add onion and garlic in the pan and cook till you see the brownish appearance. Use wine to deglaze the pot and remove the brown bits completely.
- Now add the vegetables like beans, spinach, rosemary, salt and pepper to the pot. Add the chicken thighs in the pan with enough water so as to cover 2/3 of the chicken.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes. You will see chicken getting softer
While this slow carb diet meal plan is outlined based on my own research,
The slow carb diet results will vary from person to person depending on their adaption to this diet.
Leave comments below and share your queries or thoughts.